Services at Holy Trinity Church
Services are held at Holy Trinity Church both on Sundays and throughout the week. All the services are in English, and also reflect the many rich traditions, languages and cultures which we are delighted to have represented among our members.
Services in October 2019
Both the Sunday and weekday services follow a regular plan, which can be seen below.
- 09:00 – A quiet, reflective service of Holy Communion with BCP matins once per quarter including hymns and other music.
- 10:30 – A more contemporary liturgical service with choir and children’s groups. A varying pattern including communion, and family worship
- Junior Church in the church hall for 3-11 year olds (every Sunday during term time, except 4th in the month, when the children are in church).
- Youth group for 11-15 year olds and 15+ group also meet at this time or join us for the service.
- 19:00 – A service which on three Sundays of the month involves traditional choral worship, and once a month (3rd Sunday) takes the form of a Taizé Eucharist with singing accompanied by the kora, a traditional lute like instrument, for all ages. First Sunday of the month the service is followed by an apéro.
Coffee is served downstairs in the church hall after both the 9.00 and the 10.30 services each Sunday. Visitors to our church are especially welcome.
- Monday – Holy Communion at 07.30
- Monday – Prayers for Wholeness and Healing at 12.15. Names of those for whom prayers are to be offered should be given to Canon Alex or to Christine Damary.
- Wednesday – Small time worship for toddlers, babies and children with their carers at 10.00 (every Wednesday morning during term time).
- Wednesday – Lectio Divina prayer and Bible study sessions in church, from 12.30 – 13.15 (contact Mary Talbot).
- Thursday – Holy Communion using the 1662 BCP text at 10:00
- Friday – Morning Prayer and Eucharist at 07.45